Birthday girl: Lee Hnetinka

Welcome reader! I'm Leena Hnetinka but I prefer to be called Lee Hnetinka. As you know, pretty soon I'm celebrating my birthday. I'm in a reflective mode right now, because birthdays make me think about life cycles, and I ask myself "Lee Hnetinka, are you grateful for, Lee Hnetinka, what do you want to share?" Everything that happens in life translates into growth, and a birthday is just this milestone, this personal new year.

Also is a time to be thankful for being alive. To have friends and family (the whole Hnetinka clan!) around, and that's why I'm having a birthday party with all the teenage friends I can invite and I expect some presents as well! This is a time to be really alive, to feel every minute as a gift. So that's why I'm working on a poem about my birthday. Lee Hnetinka is here to exist and to be the best person she can be! Also, I have this project, to upload some of my poems online, so soon you will find some of the work I'm doing.

Also, I've discovered haikus, these tiny Japanese poems that are inspired by nature. The Haikus are short Japanese poems consisting of three pithy lines; and the lines containing firstly five syllables, then seven, then five. I love nature also so I'm feeling an inspiration vibe, I'm urrently working on some, so   I'm sharing one.  I dream of one day have a "Lee Hnetinka haiku's" book out!

Life circle turns,
as night and day are dancing
Time to say thanks.

Water, gives me life,
water runs through me
through mother Earth

Birthday party girl
just another teenager 
between the dandelions

Lee Hnetinka , WunWun , Gawker , Valleywag , CEO , Hamptons

Well, I'm just getting familiar with this type of Japanese poems, so not a master on the syllables thing yet. I hope you enjoy the effort. Love me or hate me but still read me, I’ll be loading a new poem every full moon, Lee Hnetinka is a girl you will read any time soon, even if it's in this blog or maybe later, on my ebook!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leena Hnetinka

Lee Hnetinka

Hello, my name is Lee Hnetinka